Today, Total Retail Talks featured a podcast with Zipline’s first grocery customer, Hy-Vee. In the episode, Joe Keenan, Total Retail’s Editor, speaks with Jessica Ringena, Hy-Vee’s SVP and Chief Digital Officer, about how the midwest grocery retailer is faring in the midst of Covid-19 and how the company is keeping its 86,000 employees safe.
The discussion focuses on a topic near and dear to our hearts - - store communications.
In March, as non-essential businesses were being shuttered, Hy-Vee realized that communication was going to be key to the company’s success. Given the fact that laws varied by state, city and municipality and Hy-Vee operates in eight states, there were a lot of moving parts.
Using Zipline, Hy-Vee was able to communicate with its front-line employees, in real-time, and enable a two-way communication channel so that stores could hear from and respond to HQ.
Listen to the entire podcast to learn:
- Jessica’s journey from CPA to SVP at Hy-Vee
- How Hy-Vee’s online business accelerated during the pandemic and where Ringela hopes it will be in the future
- How personalization plays into Hy-Vee’s long-term vision
- How Hy-Vee is empowering department leaders through communication improvements
- How Hy-Vee put employees first during the pandemic